This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup patch to keep test version if test version installed
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 07:55:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup patch to keep test version if test version installed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150125172030 dot GJ18550 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54C5806C dot 2070508 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20150126092945 dot GK18550 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <8761bt7sr0 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150126104510 dot GO18550 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20150126211944 dot GD14265 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> I checked in code which fixes this issue, which simplifies the package
> choosing algorithm when clicking on the package line, and which
> implements the default package in a way which never "downgrades" a
> package without the user's explicit consent by choosing the lower
> package version manually. This is much more in line with the update
> mechanism in Linux package managers.
You may have solved a long-standing problem. Let's see if everything
else still works... :-)
BTW, if you switch one package to "test" (or "prev"), then all packages
belonging to the same source package must be switched to the same state.
I'm currently doing this with an external tool via setup.ini rewrites,
but setup.exe should be taught how to do that for manual intervention.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2: