This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro
- From: Vin Shelton <acs at alumni dot princeton dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 10:11:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: [HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150114141344 dot GG15791 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54B6FCB4 dot 8030103 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <878uh48esd dot fsf at VZELL-LAP dot de dot oracle dot com> <CACeGjnVvFxJj3kkKmZa0GNJp8M3qjAxtuTgP3DLmZYtL00hbzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <871tmqso5t dot fsf at VZELL-LAP dot de dot oracle dot com> <87h9vhdasb dot fsf at VZELL-LAP dot de dot oracle dot com>
Hi, Volker -
>> I can build XEmacs on 32-bit Cygwin. What doesn't work for you?
> Here we are
A few thoughts:
1. You need to use the most recent XEmacs sources from mercurial.
2. You must have an old version of libpng installed, because 21.4.22
won't compile with the newer libpng (some structure members are
3. You will also need to add:
#define stricmp strcasecmp
4. I will review the contents of xemacs-21.4.22-1.src.patch and
promote at least your developer info and the above stricmp hack to the
5. I have promised to release 21.4.23, so I will do that shortly after #4 above.