This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: setup.exe creates broken shortcuts
- From: Benjamin Richardson <bml dot richardson at live dot com dot au>
- To: "cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:24:35 +1100
- Subject: RE: setup.exe creates broken shortcuts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I forgot to mention that it was the 32-bit version that I installed. Haven't
tried the 64-bit version yet (will do so as I write this)
Just installed 64-bit, shortcuts aren't broken. Completely removed 32-bit
version (including registry entries) and reinstalled. This time shortcuts aren't broken.
It's possible that the problem was due to having old packages from an older setup.
Adding the extension to the TARGET define would make sure that this bug never happens,
but doesn't seem to be completely necessary to do so.
Completely removed both 32-bit and 64-bit. Reinstalled 32-bit, shortcuts aren't broken.
More evidence to suggest that the problem was due to having old packages from an older setup.
Not sure why though..