This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport autogen.sh gives DOS line ending errors
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 04:10:00 -0600
- Subject: Re: cygport autogen.sh gives DOS line ending errors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7eh5aadtpbq5sknd6qd3n2ja52ed6arv6f at 4ax dot com> <7eh5aadtpbq5sknd6qd3n2ja52ed6arv6f-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <54A2DF1E dot 30906 at cygwin dot com> <mtk6aa1kse5bq944tkmevtfocqlq1rp4t1 at 4ax dot com>
On 2014-12-30 19:42, Andrew Schulman wrote:
On 2014-12-30 09:43, Andrew Schulman wrote:
Here's a strange one. When I check out cygport and try to run its
autogen.sh, I get a bunch of errors about DOS line endings:
Are you sure you're using a Cygwin git?
So is Cygwin git normally supposed to take care of the DOS line endings?
There are none in the repo.
After you clone cygport in Cygwin, do you get the same result as below?
$ file autogen.sh
autogen.sh: Bourne-Again shell script, ASCII text executable, with CRLF
No CRLF. Either you're using a Windows git, or maybe you're trying to
clone into a text mount.