This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin-pkg-maint maintance
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 13:17:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin-pkg-maint maintance
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E7D70A dot 7010001 at gmail dot com> <53E84CBD dot 3070407 at cygwin dot com> <87a977arcm dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On Thu, 2014-08-14 at 19:55 +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> I've looked at the file today. It seems that perl_vendor has been
> removed, but not all Perl distributions that were bundled are listed.
> I'll prepare a list of those over the weekend.
perl_vendor was a subpackage of the perl source package (it does not
have its own -src), so this is correct. All perl-* packages currently
in either arch should be listed; if not, PTC.
As for whatever other perl module packages that need to be added in
order to replace perl_vendor, those will be added when we have an
approved update or ITA for them.
> Given the purpose of the file and that it's meant to be consumed by
> scripts, how about switching to something more easily parseable like
> JSON or YAML (much like Perl does)? That would enable to incorporate
> more meta-information for each package which could easily be generated
> by cygport.
This is a package ownership database, not a package information
database. What additional information do you think would be useful