This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 09:29:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: perl-5.18.2-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534078A2 dot 4000601 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <87bnwf2cjl dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <534174C4 dot 5010608 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <87y4zi1kib dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <5341A3F5 dot 2040506 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <CAHiT=DF117Jf0jdV8KQHOakkOw3_A5FvmSRKRRVnXGt-MLY6cA at mail dot gmail dot com> <8761mlx7im dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CAHiT=DFhajOOFDeFseptmrPVXHGVjrAiFxDaW6Z7qQ6XR070DQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87a9bvsnse dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CAHiT=DEe1O4Vn7dp2mPwUNvEagZDtauu9_ZS1vfpEgZ+V0wt4A at mail dot gmail dot com> <8761loegk8 dot fsf_-_ at Rainer dot invalid>
Achim Gratz writes:
> First off, there is a flurry of changes in the content of perl_vendor
> that you didn't list in the announcement. This is exactly my gripe with
> opaque bundling: anyone who's been relying on perl_vendor to deliver a
> certain set of Perl distributions will suddenly find that some have been
> removed and others have been added and the only way to find that out is
> to look into the source archive.
The residual changes would be a removal of Crypt-SSLeay and IPC-Cmd,
while IPC-Run, Test-NoWarnings and Test-Tester would still be supplied
by the build dependencies. Unless someone has a strong opinion that
these two should be dropped, I'd continue to have them available.
Going forward I think this should provide a smooth transition:
1) ITA perl_vendor and provide an umbrella plus all dependencies for
perl-5.14.2. I'd use current versions for these, not the original ones
2) The re-builds and additional distributions for perl-5.18 will be
provided as test versions.
3) Coinciding with the perl-5.18.2 release, move everything from test to
4) Optional: obsolete the perl_vendor umbrella package.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+