This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygport and auto-manifestize compatibility manifest
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:22:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygport and auto-manifestize compatibility manifest
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131120132853 dot GN2936 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87vbzndool dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20131120164556 dot GV2936 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Well, perhaps. I'm just not sure it's the right thing to do it at
> postinstall time. I mean, it's not impossible, obviously, but it's
> a lot of stuff per executable and running this for a few thousand .exe
> files could take some time.
Yes, it does... but ever since I've switched to doing incremental
autorebases that time has shrunk a lot.
> We would also have to make sure that the sections with long section
> names are recreated after adding the .rsrc section, which is something
> I don't quite see how to accomplish, right now.
Hmm. I'm out of my depths on this, but would it be possible to excise
those sections, do whatever changes are necessary to the rest of the
executable and then add them back?
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf Blofeld V1.15B11: