This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygport and auto-manifestize compatibility manifest
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:26:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygport and auto-manifestize compatibility manifest
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131120132853 dot GN2936 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> - Call the helper application, which basically works like this:
> FindResource(CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID, RT_MANIFEST);
> - The resulting executable actually worked and was treated as a
> Windows 8.1 executable.
> If this hack is done after stripping, but before adding the
> .gnu_debuglink section, it could run automatically and all newly
> produced executables would be *finally* compatible with latest
> Windows versions.
Is that something that could be run during autorebase or bolted on to
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld: