This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Bug] setup.exe
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:49:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Bug] setup.exe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87k3g6x5pg dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20131118100616 dot GA12830 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> If I remove the override for fopen, things are
>> working again, but I can't find how to specify "conout$" via a UNC path
>> and simply setting the string back to "conout$" in the attr structure in
>> gdb didn't work, either.
> It's impossible prior to Windows 8. In the days before Windows 8, the
> console handle was always a fake handle, entirely handled within the
> Win32 kernel32.dll. Each access to a console handle got redirected
> to calling a CrsXXX functions which calls CSRSS via LPC. Windows 8
> finally introduced a native Console device called \Device\ConDrv so
> consoles became real OS objects.
Huh. No wonder I didn't find anything.
> Having said that, this set_cout function is a real bummer. The easiest
> way to fix this problem is to rename fopen to nt_fopen (analoge to
> nt_wfopen) and to change all explicit fopen calls to nt_fopen calls.
> I'll do that in a minute.
Thank you very much.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf microQ V2.22R2: