This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] cygcheck-leaves - a script to list installed packages not required by any
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 13:28:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] cygcheck-leaves - a script to list installed packages not required by any
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131031123423 dot 4306f499f811c030cd4ea34a at nm dot ru> <20131104123925 dot GC22067 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20131104174529 dot GC5526 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20131104175403 dot GA30316 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 06:54:03PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Nov 4 12:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 01:39:25PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >On Oct 31 12:34, Mikhail Usenko wrote:
>> >> Thanks for the comment. I've forgotten to test the script on 32-bit Windows.
>> >> Now it uses a bash-specific variable to determine the CPU type and should work OK.
>> >> Also after some time of using I've completely rewritten it having added new
>> >> functionality and renamed it to 'cygcheck-dep'.
>> >> setup.hint:
>> >> -----------
>> >> category: Utils
>> >> requires: bash coreutils sed wget bzip2
>> >> sdesc: "Show information on dependencies for installed Cygwin packages"
>> >> -----------
>> >Neat. I toyed a bit with your script and I like it. This could
>> >come in handy to isolate installation problems. I uploaded the
>> >package. Please send an announcement along the lines of the
>> >existing announcements to the cygwin-announce list.
>> This needs to be in cygwin-pkg-maint
>Did so while uploading.
Ah, I was looking for cygcheck-leaves. Nevermind.