This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: why does setup keep trying to install non-required packages?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:29:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: why does setup keep trying to install non-required packages?
- References: <43b4bb5feb363c6c96156670883ae07d at 5200-glenwood dot net> <520794A2 dot 8070206 at cornell dot edu> <20130812093355 dot GA3953 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5208C2AA dot 3050401 at cornell dot edu> <20130812111633 dot GD3953 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 01:16:33PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Aug 12 07:10, Ken Brown wrote:
>> Maybe I jumped to an incorrect conclusion, but that (and earlier
>> instances of the same problem) made me think that Misc was installed
>> by default.
>Oh, right. The setup sources seem to prove that point, too.
You know, I think I will remove "Misc" from upset's logic. The category
field should be mandatory, not optional.
I assume that no one disagrees with this, right? AFAIK, any time upset
has helpfully added Misc it has done nothing but cause problems.