This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [cygport] [PATCH] Add support for VERSIONS
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:57:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [cygport] [PATCH] Add support for VERSIONS
- References: <51AB8551 dot 3070509 at acm dot org> <51AB85B3 dot 5010806 at acm dot org> <51F3F652 dot 1000101 at acm dot org> <20130731083005 dot GA2679 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87txj5hmf5 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Aug 4 10:47, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > Btw., Yaakov, thanks for the new 0.13.0 version. The only problem I
> > still have is the duplication of the dist files into the CWD. Isn't
> > there some switch or setting to disable this behaviour?
> I've just updated my rpm-style fork of cygport and I've implemented it
> there â you need to set NO_TOP_PKG non-null in cygport.conf. It's the
> first commit on top of upstream cygport master since you'll probably
> don't want the rest of the patch stack. I've also integrated Dave's
> PKG_VERSION patch (second commit up) if anybody is interested.
> Clone from git://repo.or.cz/cygport/rpm-style.git
> The rest of the branch lets you can omit the .cygport extension
> universally and extends version-less naming to patch files (I think Ken
> had requested that some time ago). It also keeps all downloads (except
> source VCS, I've not had time yet to look into that) in DISTDIR and uses
> them from there directly without copying to $top. I'll be rebasing that
> branch on top of cygport master to keep it current.
That sounds interesting, but I'd prefer to get this functionality,
at least partially, into cygport.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com