This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please try new setup exe's
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:20:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: Please try new setup exe's
- References: <20130715170553 dot GA6166 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 01:05:53PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I'd appreciate it if people could try the two new setup.exe's
>installed at http://cygwin.com/
>http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe for 32-bit
>http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe for 64-bit
>The setup.ini's for both are updated using a similar schedule to the
>"official and soon to be deleted" version which uses
>/var/ftp/pub/cygwin/release. The -x86* versions of these programs
>use the release directories from the arch specific locations.
>The setup.ini's used by these two new programs are not
>backwards-compatible with old setup.exe.
Just to be clear, these new setup.exe's should not do anything untoward
to your existing installation. They should *just work*.