This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: x86/ -> ./ symlink
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:01:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: x86/ -> ./ symlink
- References: <878v1zo0q6 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 24 19:52, Achim Gratz wrote:
> May I suggest that this sort of link (and the similar one in
> cygwinports) has potential to break mirror scripts in bad ways? Not
> quite as bad, but linking x86_64 -> 64bit also results in duplicates
> that aren't serving a good purpose.
The x86 symlink break the "Install from directory" function of
setup.exe. It runs into some endless loop. If I remove the symlinks it
works as usual. I don't know why it does that at all. It has no
business reading these symlinks. If nobody beats me to it, I'll
investigate next week.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com