This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup patch - simplistic --include-source for download/installed pkgs
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:01:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup patch - simplistic --include-source for download/installed pkgs
- References: <BAY174-W10A929C3D9F40F30A73866FD8F0 at phx dot gbl> <20130622183434 dot GB5955 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W266D944D4A8A414FD595F1FD740 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 06:30:24PM +0000, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>> Thanks for the patch but,fFor me, this patch has lots of odd characters
>> in it. It definitely won't cleanly apply.
>> Patches really should be submitted as attachments to avoid that problem.
>> You also need to have a ChangeLog.
>>>The first version is targeted at source revision 2.774 (can obtain as
>>>-D20120430) from cvs, which seems to match the binary setup.exe
>>>available for download at cygwin.com in early June 2013.
>>>It will almost apply to head around 20130619, but a second version is
>>>provided to do that cleanly.
>> Patches need to be against CVS head.
>Provided as attachments, HEAD as of some point 20130626...
Again, we don't care about patches against old versions and you should
include a ChangeLog: