This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:42:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- References: <BAY174-W320FC1B92FEE25E33EE0BDFD8E0 at phx dot gbl> <20130621025644 dot GA2479 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W227DD2E4A55635D897FFDEFD8F0 at phx dot gbl> <20130621142552 dot GA5955 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W261F090E1B54BC3EE54C54FD8B0 at phx dot gbl> <20130625171150 dot GB4154 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W299D0A26CA1A21AADFE0AFFD740 at phx dot gbl> <20130626124715 dot GI11958 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 02:47:15PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jun 26 08:46, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>> > Please verify that you actually have mingw64-i686 installed. Telling us
>> > what you have done doesn't really help. We need to know what's on your
>> > system.
>> > http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>> I do not see any single mingw64-i686 package...
>I could reproduce the problem. Chris and I are usually cross building
>our stuff from Linux.
>The Linux->mingw-w64 on both of our machines are apparently newer then
>the current mingw-w64 headers in the Cygwin->mingw-w64 cross toolchain.
>Therefore, we both didn't see this problem.
>The vswprintf problem is a result of a bug in Mingw-w64's stdio.h when
>using C++. If you include stdio.h before any other of the usual C++
>headers, You get the vswprintf symbol as normal exported symbol from
>some Windows DLL. If you include the C++ headers first, vswprintf
>is redirected to _mingw_vswprintf from libmingex.a. This bug is fixed
>upstream and in my Fedora 18 cross toolchain, so the problem can only be
>reproduced when building setup under Cygwin with it's older set of
Huh. I thought the Fedora version was actually somewhat older than the
Cygwin version. My apologies for not checking on Windows.