This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:47:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp
- References: <BAY174-W320FC1B92FEE25E33EE0BDFD8E0 at phx dot gbl> <20130621025644 dot GA2479 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W227DD2E4A55635D897FFDEFD8F0 at phx dot gbl> <20130621142552 dot GA5955 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W261F090E1B54BC3EE54C54FD8B0 at phx dot gbl> <20130625171150 dot GB4154 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <BAY174-W299D0A26CA1A21AADFE0AFFD740 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 26 08:46, email@example.com wrote:
> > Please verify that you actually have mingw64-i686 installed. Telling us
> > what you have done doesn't really help. We need to know what's on your
> > system.
> > http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> I do not see any single mingw64-i686 package...
I could reproduce the problem. Chris and I are usually cross building
our stuff from Linux.
The Linux->mingw-w64 on both of our machines are apparently newer then
the current mingw-w64 headers in the Cygwin->mingw-w64 cross toolchain.
Therefore, we both didn't see this problem.
The vswprintf problem is a result of a bug in Mingw-w64's stdio.h when
using C++. If you include stdio.h before any other of the usual C++
headers, You get the vswprintf symbol as normal exported symbol from
some Windows DLL. If you include the C++ headers first, vswprintf
is redirected to _mingw_vswprintf from libmingex.a. This bug is fixed
upstream and in my Fedora 18 cross toolchain, so the problem can only be
reproduced when building setup under Cygwin with it's older set of
I worked around our older mingw-w64 toolchain in setup by changing the
inclusion order in the affected source file. This makes sure that stdio.h
is only included after the usual C++ suspects.
Sorry for the slowness in this matter. I only suspected a difference
in the toolchains because you persisted.
Thanks for the report,
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com