This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fixing packages which rely on obsolete packages
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 07:30:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fixing packages which rely on obsolete packages
- References: <20130622204921 dot GA2803 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130622211341 dot GA3271 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51C6B865 dot 9070803 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
On 6/23/2013 4:57 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2013-06-22 16:13, Christopher Faylor wrote:
Here's a similar list for 64-bit packages. Apparently genini's error
checking leaves something to be desired. Obviously some of these are
Some of these actually are, meaning that they were copied straight from
their x86 version and not generated by cygport.
Another cause for such errors is that a .cygport file might have a
REQUIRES line that refers to packages that haven't yet been added to the
64-bit distro. I wonder if cygport should issue a warning if there is a
package listed in REQUIRES that is not installed on the user's system,
just as it now does for DEPEND.