This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [64bit] Biber packaging questions
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 20:52:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: [64bit] Biber packaging questions
- References: <51B8813F dot 6060207 at cornell dot edu> <20130612151802 dot GH30807 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAHiT=DEnVwCy+S-oYM7LUCmHk2o1K6s+-jPTyfhHg8Wh7HHyiQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Reini Urban writes:
> I would also favor using biber as non-packaged perl script.
> Since you need so many perl deps, do you really want to keep them seperate?
Yes, I would want _all_ non-core Perl distributions as separate cygwin
packages. That's the only sane way to deal with these when the need for
local patches arises. This is admittedly rare, but it does happen.
> I would just bundle them to something like a perl-biber-bundle
> package, into vendor_perl.
May I suggest to name all bundle packages perl_* (underscore) so they
differ from the distribution packages? And again the bundles should
just list the dependencies, while the actual distributions are in their
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: