This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [64bit] perl-XML-SAX doesn't build from source
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:35:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: [64bit] perl-XML-SAX doesn't build from source
- References: <51AFBE1A dot 5000501 at cornell dot edu> <51B01484 dot 5000104 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51B0719B dot 5040902 at cornell dot edu>
On 2013-06-06 06:25, Ken Brown wrote:
On 6/6/2013 12:48 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
Hmm, didn't see that, but I may have already installed it manually
during the bootstrap. Based on the error message, the problem is that
the in-tree copy is not added to the search path during that command,
and it probably should be; this should be raised upstream.
I just took a look at the Makefile, and here's the command that's failing:
@$(PERL) -MXML::SAX -e "XML::SAX->add_parser(q(XML::SAX::PurePerl))->save_parsers()"
This looks to me like a postinstall operation. Should perl-XML-SAX have
a postinstall script to run this?
With that hint, I read the XML::SAX documentation, and it seems you are
correct: all XML::SAX parser drivers need postinstall and preremove
commands to handle registration of the driver in XML::SAX's
ParserDetails.ini file. I have added a function to cygport git to
handle this, rebuilt perl-XML-SAX accordingly, and built perl-XML-LibXML
to provide a more robust driver; look for these in the next 64bit upload.