This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [64bit] binutils 2.23.52-4
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 14:28:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: [64bit] binutils 2.23.52-4
- References: <20130604134919 dot GA25828 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2013-06-04 08:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I have uploaded a new binutils 2.23.52-4 package to the 64 bit test
I have prepared a cygwin64-binutils.i686 with this patch to match.
But this recent (and unrelated) upstream change has caused libiberty.a
not to be installed by default:
2013-05-31 Matt Burgess <matthew AT linuxfromscratch.org>
* libiberty/configure.ac: Move test for --enable-install-libiberty
outside of the 'with_target_subdir' test so that it actually gets
run. Add output messages to show the test result.
* libiberty/configure: Regenerate.
* libiberty/Makefile.in (install_to_libdir): Place the
installation of the libiberty library in the same guard as that
used for the headers to prevent it being installed unless
requested via --enable-install-libiberty.
It seems this was done to stop the host-libiberty from being installed
with gcc, but libbfd still requires symbols provided thereby, so the
lack of libiberty breaks the build of dumper.exe. I believe this needs
to be fixed in the toplevel configury, and have added a comment to that
effect to the PR, but in the meantime, binutils (both i686 and x86_64)
will need to be configured with --enable-install-libiberty.