texlive-collection-texinfo is about to become obsolete

The package texlive-collection-texinfo is currently required by the following five packages:

  emacs-auctex (maintained by me)
  lyx (orphaned)
  tetex-base (obsolete, maintained by me)
  tetex-extra (obsolete, maintained by me)
  tetex-tiny (obsolete, maintained by me)

I can't think of any reason why it should be required by any of these packages. (In the case of the packages maintained by me, the requirement was there before I took over as maintainer.) Moreover, due to upstream reorganization, the tiny texlive-collection-texinfo is going to become obsolete in TeX Live 2013, with its contents absorbed by the much bigger texlive-collection-plainextra.

Unless someone (Yaakov?) knows of a good reason for the requirement, I think it should be removed from all five packages listed above.

Thanks.

Ken