This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
On 3/18/2013 10:35 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar 17 12:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
I'd like to have a feel for how the 64-bit version of Cygwin will
impact package maintainers.
So, I'd appreciate some discussion about this.
1) Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows available?
2) If no, would you be willing to install one?
3) Are you willing to download the current 64-bit Cygwin and start porting
your stuff, knowing that there are still bugs?
4) Or, would you rather wait for 64-bit to be completely stable before
5) Does the existence of two different architectures make you think that
it is time for you to stop offering the package?
6) Would you be willing to have another person doing the 64-bit port for
7) Are you ok with a 64-bit alpha release being made available which contains
your packages built by someone else?
3) Yes, for obvious reasons, I guess
6) Don't care
7) Yes, as is already the case. From my point of view it's more important
to have stuff for testing purposes in an early stage. I don't give a
damn if the package in the test release is built by me or by Yaakov
or any other maintainer who's willing to spent time on the efforts.
I Like the last point as expressed so clearly