This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:35:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- References: <20130317164522.GA3274@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mar 17 12:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'd like to have a feel for how the 64-bit version of Cygwin will
> impact package maintainers.
> So, I'd appreciate some discussion about this.
> 1) Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows available?
> 2) If no, would you be willing to install one?
> 3) Are you willing to download the current 64-bit Cygwin and start porting
> your stuff, knowing that there are still bugs?
> 4) Or, would you rather wait for 64-bit to be completely stable before
> attempting anything?
> 5) Does the existence of two different architectures make you think that
> it is time for you to stop offering the package?
> 6) Would you be willing to have another person doing the 64-bit port for
> 7) Are you ok with a 64-bit alpha release being made available which contains
> your packages built by someone else?
3) Yes, for obvious reasons, I guess
6) Don't care
7) Yes, as is already the case. From my point of view it's more important
to have stuff for testing purposes in an early stage. I don't give a
damn if the package in the test release is built by me or by Yaakov
or any other maintainer who's willing to spent time on the efforts.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com