This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- From: Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu dot se>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 22:20:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- References: <20130317164522.GA3274@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On 2013-03-17 17:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'd like to have a feel for how the 64-bit version of Cygwin will
> impact package maintainers.
> So, I'd appreciate some discussion about this.
1. yes, I have Win64
3. yes, I'm already done porting, I'm just waiting for optional
dependencies to show up
4. no, I don't want to wait, Cygwin64 is faster, so I want it asap
5. no, one more arch is fine by me
6. no, I want to maintain my packages for Cygwin64
7. no, there's no need for a separate 64-bit maintainer
Re 3, I actually needed to patch the src package of that missing
optional dependency (aalib) to make it build, and was wondering if
*I* should offer it for 64-bit or if I should poke the maintainer
(hello Volker, I have a small patch for you), so yes, this
discussion is indeed needed...