This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 17:42:53 +0000
- Subject: Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- References: <20130317164522.GA3274@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On 17/03/13 16:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
1) Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows available?
2) If no, would you be willing to install one?
3) Are you willing to download the current 64-bit Cygwin and start porting
your stuff, knowing that there are still bugs?
4) Or, would you rather wait for 64-bit to be completely stable before
5) Does the existence of two different architectures make you think that
it is time for you to stop offering the package?
6) Would you be willing to have another person doing the 64-bit port for
7) Are you ok with a 64-bit alpha release being made available which contains
your packages built by someone else?
2) Install one - yes, I could do that. Pay for one - well, I'd rather
not have to! Was hoping we could cross-compile.
3+4) I imagine that the act of porting all of our packages will uncover
bugs that will then make Cygwin64 more stable. This is probably a
chicken and egg situation.
5) Hopefully not.
6+7) Don't mind.