This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport: Don't strip packed perl binaries
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:32:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygport: Don't strip packed perl binaries
- References: <5009A82B.email@example.com>
On 2012-07-20 13:49, Ken Brown wrote:
TeX Live includes biber.exe, which is packaged as a stand-alone binary
using the PAR::Packer module. I've just discovered that the version
I've been shipping with texlive doesn't function as a stand-alone binary
because it's been stripped by cygport. Is there a way that cygport can
recognize such binaries and not strip them?
Is there some sort of magic number or something that can be used to
detect that, as we do for OCaml bytecode?