This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport: Don't strip packed perl binaries
- From: marco atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:03:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygport: Don't strip packed perl binaries
- References: <5009A82B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 7/20/2012 8:49 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
TeX Live includes biber.exe, which is packaged as a stand-alone binary
using the PAR::Packer module. I've just discovered that the version
I've been shipping with texlive doesn't function as a stand-alone binary
because it's been stripped by cygport. Is there a way that cygport can
recognize such binaries and not strip them?
are you sure is a stripping issue ?
$ biber --help
Can't locate PAR.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 .) at -e
not surprising as PAR.pm is not part of any cygwin package