This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] cygport: split debuginfo packages
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:39:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] cygport: split debuginfo packages
- References: <4FE2BE24.email@example.com> <87zk6yw7y7.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 08:36:48PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
>> Attached is a first draft of a patch to support split debuginfo
>> packages automatically in cygport. I'm looking for comments and
>> suggestions, particularly on the following:
>The automatic generation of the packages works great, thank you.
>Looking at the resulting proliferation of packages I'm beginning to
>think however that the debuginfo packages should perhaps be treated like
>the source packages (including "foreign" debuginfo) and the associated
>handling in genini/upset/setup just like source packages, too.
>So if there's a source package package-version-src.tar.bz2, then the
>debuginfo package would be called package-version-debuginfo.tar.bz2 and
>it would be selected from libpackage if that had package as a foreign
>source. I hope this description makes sense...
Maybe the .debuginfo files should be in a "Debug" category.