This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Seagate GoFlex Home server causes setup.exe build to fail, "cannot run /bin/sh cfgaux/config.sub"
- From: Matt Seitz <mseitz at mhseitz dot onmicrosoft dot com>
- To: "cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 07:40:43 +0000
- Subject: RE: Seagate GoFlex Home server causes setup.exe build to fail, "cannot run /bin/sh cfgaux/config.sub"
- References: <1BBEF94B6B46E54980290D150A6F2EDD20C8BFFE@SN2PRD0610MB396.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>
If you try to build "setup.exe" from source files stored on a Seagate GoFlex Home file server, the "./bootstrap.sh" command will fail with the following error:
"checking for bison... bison -y
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh cfgaux/config.sub"
The error is because the GoFlex Home file server does not support seeing FAT file flags, such as "system" or "read-only". As a result, Cygwin does not recognize "cfgaux/config.sub" as a symbolic link, and instead treats it as an ordinary file. This triggers the error message.
I wanted to document the problem, in case someone else might run into it.