This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport: variable package names
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 15:34:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygport: variable package names
- References: <20120429135935.GB25385@calimero.vinschen.de> <20120429182029.GB17869@calimero.vinschen.de> <20120504083746.GO3031@calimero.vinschen.de>
On 2012-05-04 03:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
my workaround has a problem, see below.
Yes, because the P* variables aren't set that early.
Therefore it would be nice if we could get some official method to
set package-relevant variables in a pre-package stage, like I asked
for in my original mail:
I'm not sure this particular technique is a good idea, because there are
other consequences of an ABI version bump; the first of which is that
other .hint files for that package must be adjusted. Your method could
easily cause one to miss those changes, which would lead to broken
That being said, I'll think about this further.