This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
libtcl8.5.dll collides with Cygwin DLL by default
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 11:42:37 +0100
- Subject: libtcl8.5.dll collides with Cygwin DLL by default
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
the default base address of libtcl8.5.dll collides with the address
space of the Cygwin DLL. Sure, we can't quite avoid DLL collisions,
but this kind of collision results with high probability in a crash,
rather than a collision detection message from Cygwin.
Do you think it's ok if you create a new tcl package with another
default base address for libtcl8.5.dll?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com