This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup and mintty (was Re: New setup.exe release?)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:50:58 +0200
- Subject: setup and mintty (was Re: New setup.exe release?)
- References: <BANLkTinMD5ys8KMYdcTpMPXYc9uVYdhquw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On May 20 17:09, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> The setup.exe download is still 2.738. Could it be updated to 2.749
> to include jturney's recent bug fixes?
I'd like to fix the mintty issue first.
So, do we swtch to mintty as default terminal, yes or no?
If we switch to mintty we don't need the Cygwin.bat file anymore. But,
shouldn't we keep it anyway for people who maintain some handmade symlink
If so, should we stick to the content of Cygwin.bat as is, or should
we change it to call mintty, too?
And who's going to create the patches?
Last but not least, shouldn't we add mintty to the Base package
anyway, independently of what we do to setup?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com