This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup silently fails to install libgcc1 package
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 15:29:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: Setup silently fails to install libgcc1 package
- References: <BLU149-W59AD5823E2C23A0F32EDA5938E0@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 11:05:48AM -0400, Andr? Bleau wrote:
>Hi fellow cygwin maintainers,
>Similarly to what was recently reported on the main list
>(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-09/msg00064.html), I experienced that setup 2.721 silently
>fails to install the libgcc1 package (version 4.3.4-3). As this package is now vital to bash,
>it results in completely broken new installations.
>I download only once to a central repository on a workstation, which I use to subsequently
>install/update many other computers using the "Install from local directory" option. All new
>installations from that location are now failling completely. No post-install script can run.
I just did a new installation on Thursday and didn't notice any
problems. However, I've forced a regeneration of the libgcc1 in
setup.ini. That should fix any problem.