bug tracker discussion

Can I get a show of hands?  How many package maintainers would like to
have a bug tracker?

One problem that I see immediately is that if we publicly adopt a bug
tracker EVERY maintainer will have to use it.  We can't expect a normal
user to understand that they send email to the mailing list for binutils
but use the bug tracker for screen.

Another thing that I think is important is that we would have to adopt a
standard for how we treat bugs.  I'm not really keen on using the bug
tracker as a knowledge base for end-user ssh problems.  I don't think
that's what a bug tracker is for.  That's what a FAQ is for.

And, in that line, how about per-package FAQs on the cygwin site?

cg