Re: [ITA] cyrus-sasl

> On Jun 30 08:14, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> I would like to adopt cyrus-sasl. It is listed as orphaned and
>> Gareth Pearce recently indicated he was not planning to repackage
>> it.[1]
>
> Thanks for taking over.  Packaging looks good to me, just the
> setup.hint files...

Thanks for catching those errors. You were right, of course. Here's
the updated setup.hints and packages.

cyrus-sasl.hint
sdesc: "The Cyrus SASL API implementation. (Documentation and Utilities)"
ldesc: "The Cyrus SASL library allows for client/server authentication in conformance with RFC 2222."
category: Utils
requires: libsasl2

libsasl2.hint
sdesc: "The Cyrus SASL API implementation. (Runtime library and Daemon)"
ldesc: "The Cyrus SASL library allows for client/server authentication in conformance with RFC 2222."
category: Libs
requires: crypt libdb4.5 libgcc1 libopenssl098
external-source: cyrus-sasl

libsasl2-devel.hint
sdesc: "The Cyrus SASL API implementation. (Development files)"
ldesc: "The Cyrus SASL library allows for client/server authentication in conformance with RFC 2222."
category: Libs
requires: libsasl2 libdb4.5-devel openssl-devel openldap-devel libpq-devel
external-source: cyrus-sasl

libsasl2-ldap.hint
sdesc: "The Cyrus SASL API implementation. (LDAP Plugin)"
ldesc: "The Cyrus SASL library allows for client/server authentication in conformance with RFC 2222."
category: Libs
requires: libsasl2 libopenldap2_3_0
external-source: cyrus-sasl

libsasl2-sql.hint
sdesc: "The Cyrus SASL API implementation. (SQL Plugin)"
ldesc: "The Cyrus SASL library allows for client/server authentication in conformance with RFC 2222."
category: Libs
requires: libsasl2 libpq5
external-source: cyrus-sasl

download:
wget -x -nH --cut-dirs=2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23-1-src.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23-1.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/libsasl2/libsasl2-2.1.23-1.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/libsasl2/setup.hint \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/libsasl2-devel/libsasl2-devel-2.1.23-1.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/libsasl2-devel/setup.hint \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/libsasl2-ldap/libsasl2-ldap-2.1.23-1.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/libsasl2-ldap/setup.hint \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/libsasl2-sql/libsasl2-sql-2.1.23-1.tar.bz2 \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/libsasl2-sql/setup.hint \
  http://home.comcast.net/~david.rothenberger/cygwin/cyrus-sasl/setup.hint

Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
        Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.