This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
libusb-compat (was: brltty and python-pyrex packages for python 2.6)
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:09:09 -0500
- Subject: libusb-compat (was: brltty and python-pyrex packages for python 2.6)
- References: <20100512224619.GP4846@const.famille.thibault.fr> <20100526090859.GD10652@calimero.vinschen.de> <20100526091009.GE10652@calimero.vinschen.de> <20100526103855.GH5051@const.bordeaux.inria.fr> <4BFD393B.email@example.com> <20100527082214.GH3732@const.famille.thibault.fr> <1277144237.2008.0.camel@YAAKOV04> <20100621233719.GF5207@const.famille.thibault.fr>
On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 01:37 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Yaakov (Cygwin/X), le Mon 21 Jun 2010 13:17:17 -0500, a Ãcrit :
> > BTW, ping: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-06/msg00016.html
> Oops, thanks for the ping, I hadn't noticed that mail in my mailer
> storm. Brltty still has issues with libusb 1.0 which are being worked
> on upstream.
Do you mean that brltty will not build with libusb-1.0 (which has a
different API than 0.1) or it will not work with 0.1-api-on-top-of-1.0
libusb-compat? Gentoo claims that it will build (and presumably work)
Right now, libusb-win32 is completely useless for anyone running x64
Windows (and with Win7 this is becoming more common) due to its special
driver, where libusb-1.0 uses Windows APIs and therefore works on both.
So switching to libusb-compat for the 0.1 API is IMO pretty important.