This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: genini: comments
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 00:38:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: genini: comments
- References: <1276057959.7868.4.camel@YAAKOV04>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 11:32:39PM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>setup.html says (emphasis mine):
>> Lines that *begin* with '#' are considered to be comments and are
>> ignored by the setup.ini generator.
>Some of my sdesc/ldesc include a '#' not in the context of a comment
>(e.g. C#), and this was causing the rest of the field to be chomp()ed,
>mangling the resulting setup.ini.
That's not right. The intent is to provide comments like:
foo: bar #comment