Re: default terminal

Am 02.06.2010 15:30, schrieb Dave Korn:
On 01/06/2010 19:19, Andy Koppe wrote:
On 1 June 2010 00:14, Charles Wilson wrote:
Perhaps,
instead, setup could create two shortcuts instead of just one. ...
Not a bad idea. "Cygwin Console" and "Cygwin Terminal" perhaps? Of
course people still wouldn't know the difference, but at least they
could try them and find out, and delete as appropriate.
+1.
+1 again. Actually I was about to suggest the same two terms just before Andy's posting.

Then again, we
might get lots of questions about why setup.exe felt the need to
create two shortcuts and what the difference between them is. Hmm.
We already get plenty of questions about the difference between a console
and a terminal. Don't think it'll be any different really. Let's call the
shortcuts "Cygwin Console" and "Cygwin GUI Terminal", and then people will
think it's obvious why there's two of them.
Apart from its configuration menu, mintty isn't really more of "GUI" than the console; also I don't think that would answer those questions. (There used to be a project to add graphics to an xterm clone - maybe another challenge for Andy...?)

------
Thomas