This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Another setup.exe infinite loop in unattended mode.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:22:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Another setup.exe infinite loop in unattended mode.
- References: <4B08B52B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 03:51:07AM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> I found another one. In unattended mode, if the setup.ini download or
>signature verification fails, we can loop forever trying again, because
>there's no user to select a different mirror. A parallel problem exists if we
>try and install from a local package dir with no or a corrupt setup.ini file.
> The first case is worth retrying a few times, because it might just be a
>network glitch; the second not.
> (Note that this all only kicks in if *all* the selected mirrors / local
>package dir setup.ini files are invalid.)
> * threebar.cc (ThreeBarProgressPage::OnMessageApp): Don't loop forever
> retrying ini file download/parse if it errors in unattended mode.
Yep. Looks good. Thanks.