This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup-1.7: Wrong install directory
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:23:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup-1.7: Wrong install directory
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Jun 12 10:30, Georg Blaschke wrote:
> When installing cygwin (1.7) on a Windows XP machine without
> administrator rights the root directory is ignored when
> extracting the cygwin packages.
> All packages are extracted to C:\cygwin instead.
I found the bug.
The basic problem was that a loop was left prematurely when not being
able to create/read the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygwin.
The next run of the loop was supposed to read the same key under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Due to the bug it never did and, after having
installed the basic directories in the new directory, the root directory
got reset to the 1.5 cygwin dir (or just the default "C:\cygwin")
accidentally because the function containing the loop was called again.
Superfluously, I might add.
I'll upload a new version of setup-1.7.exe later today.
Thanks for the report,
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com