This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP-1.7] botan-1.8.2-1
- From: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:22:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP-1.7] botan-1.8.2-1
- Openpgp: id=C8F252FB
- References: <49C41B20.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49C41C03.email@example.com> <49C4A255.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49C4B3AE.email@example.com> <49C4CDD5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49C9C9F6.email@example.com> <49C9D4E3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A15CE4D.email@example.com> <4A2F562E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090610083608.GA4273@calimero.vinschen.de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Packaging looks ok, but did you really intend to support only static
> linking against libbotan.a? There's no DLL in /usr/bin, nor a import
> lib in /usr/lib.
For now, yes, it's intentionalâ the author told me shared libs are not
currently supported on Windows and Cygwin, and I didn't have time to
investigate the issue much further.
I have DLL support in my TODO list for future versions, though.
I'd prefer to have this package "soon" (and be able to package
monotone-0.44) as opposed as having a "perfect" package in a month or
soâ but if that's a problem, we can certainly live with monotone-0.42 a
BTW: monotone-0.44 also needs lua, that is currently available via
CygwinPorts, but not as official packagesâ I know no LUA and am not
particularly interested in managing that package, but i'm willing to
manage it, as it's needed for a package I'm very interested intoâ
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/
âBeware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it.â (Donald Knuth, 1977-03-22)