Re: [ITP-1.7] botan-1.8.2-1

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Packaging looks ok, but did you really intend to support only static
> linking against libbotan.a?  There's no DLL in /usr/bin, nor a import
> lib in /usr/lib.

For now, yes, it's intentionalâ the author told me shared libs are not
currently supported on Windows and Cygwin, and I didn't have time to
investigate the issue much further.

I have DLL support in my TODO list for future versions, though.

I'd prefer to have this package "soon" (and be able to package
monotone-0.44) as opposed as having a "perfect" package in a month or
soâ but if that's a problem, we can certainly live with monotone-0.42 a
bit longer.

BTW: monotone-0.44 also needs lua, that is currently available via
CygwinPorts, but not as official packagesâ I know no LUA and am not
particularly interested in managing that package, but i'm willing to
manage it, as it's needed for a package I'm very interested intoâ

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

âBeware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it.â (Donald Knuth, 1977-03-22)