This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Is it my setup or the mirror page that is wrong as to the current status of a mirror
- From: Brian Keener <bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:40:24 -0400
- Subject: Is it my setup or the mirror page that is wrong as to the current status of a mirror
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
My install of setup on my Windows XP laptop always looks to the mirror
sourceware.mirrors.tds.net (ftp) and ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu(ftp) for its
updates and the web page http://www.cygwin.com/mirrors.html shows these
mirror current as of 2008-08-29 13:48GMT and yet if I run a setup
version compiled from cvs in July 2007 or a setup I compiled on
8/21/2008 from cvs it always tells me that the site
sourceware.mirrors.tds.net (ftp) is not current. I also just
downloaded the version at cygwin.com and it also says that site is not
current. Weird thing is this machine (Windows XP) also uses the gatech
site as I mentioned and I don't get warned about it but.... On another
machine (Windows 2000) which only uses the gatech site
ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu(ftp) I do get warned about gatech.
I seem to recall something about the mirror logic changing but I'm
sure. Anyone else noticed anything.