This is the mail archive of the cygwin-apps mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:10:59PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Aug 20 19:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Aug 20 12:48, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> > Brian Dessent wrote:
>> > > For these core packages that are in Base
>> > > it doesn't really matter that their "requires:" line accurately lists
>> > > each thing they need, because they're all getting installed anyway.
>> > 
>> > Then it's easy.
>> > 
>> > cygwin: requires base-*
>> > base-*: no requires at all [*]
>> > 
>> > No other changes. The end.
>> That's (alomst) exactly as I did it in release-2.  Just additionally
>>   base-passwd requires: base-cygwin
>All we did the last couple of days seems to have helped only marginally,
>if at all.  This morning I ran a 1.7 Base install from scratch, and the
>dependency order is still as screwed up as before:
>  warning: LOG: 1 Dependency order of packages: libintl3 texinfo
>  _update-info-dir gawk tzcode libiconv2 coreutils terminfo libncurses8
>  libreadline6 bash base-cygwin base-passwd cygwin libintl8 alternatives
>  ash findutils sed base-files libbz2_1 bzip2 libpopt0 cygutils groff
>  gzip termcap libpcre0 less man cygwin-doc editrights grep ipc-utils
>  login rebase run tar which
>I followed through the dependencies using a pencil and a sheet of paper
>(sorry Dave ;))  and from what I can tell there are two dependency
>loops which break the entire dependency order:
>  bash    <-> _update_info_dir
>  texinfo <-> _update_info_dir
>All other dependencies are looking sound from what I can tell.
>So, I would like to propose to remove the "requires: bash texinfo" line
>from _update_info_dir's setup.hint file.  It appears that these
>requirements break the whole ordering.  Maybe we should simply
>replace it with "requires: cygwin" instead.

Sorry but I think not having _update-info-dir rely on texinfo is not a
good idea.

Can't we just remove the _update-info-dir dependency from bash and


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]