This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New Setup 2.608 for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:37:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: New Setup 2.608 for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com
- References: <20080820112757.GI29104@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Just so that this doesn't get lost:
On Aug 20 13:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> - Reads package DB the first time *after* the user pressed the "Next"
> button in the "Choose Installation Directory" dialog, so that setup
> doesn't use the package DB from a former installation by accident if
> the user chooses to install into a new directory.
> This only works once!
> If you press the "Next" button in the "Choose Installation Directory"
> dialog before you changed the root directory, then press the "Back"
> button, it's too late. In that case, press "Cancel" and restart
> I couldn't figure out how to drop the entire package DB in memory so
> that it can be re-read when the directory gets changed by the user.
> Can somebody help coding this?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com