This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
base-passwd: postinstall script too open permissions
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:14:57 +0200
- Subject: base-passwd: postinstall script too open permissions
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
do you remember the reason why the passwd-grp.sh postinstall script
chmod 777 /etc/passwd
chmod 777 /etc/group
? That's not right, IMO. The permissions should rather be 644 and
not allow writing for everyone.
Along the same lines, the `chmod a+w' calls in the second half of the
script should better just be `chmod u+w'.
Would you mind to change that, please?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com