Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> I just uploaded a(nother) new setup-1.7.exe to install Cygwin 1.7.
>
> You can find it here:  http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe
>
> The version number is 2.606.
> The SHA1 checksum is 2df4b76fbff6a1279aecdac342de67d291175560

So, I used this new setup to *update* my existing side-by-side
cygwin-1.7 installation, which was originally created using an older
(setup-2.588) version of setup-1.7.

Notes:

1) warning message:

Unable to extract /etc/alternatives/.keep-alternatives -- the file is in
use. Please stop all cygwin processes and select "Retry",, or select
"Continue" to go on anyway (you will need to reboot).

Odd. I already *did* stop all cygwin processes -- and besides, what
could possibly be uses .keep-alternatives?

Anyway, I selected Continue.

No good -- now it's stuck -- on /etc/alternatives/.keep-alternatives  --
using about 50% CPU, forever.

Repeats over and over:

Installing file cygfile:///etc/alternatives/.keep-alternatives