Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> I don't see _update-info-dir in the bash requires.

Are you looking at the setup.hint or the generated setup.ini?  IIRC it's
added by upset automatically if it detects the package has .info files.

> However, when looking through the dependencies, I see more problems.
>
>   cygwin requires base-passwd
>
>   base-passwd requires bash
>
>   bash requires cygwin
>
> We really need a strategy to fix the dependencies so that postinstall
> scripts of crucial packages run first.  And base-cygwin should run
> before every other package.

Didn't Eric upload a new bash package that is postinstal-less?  Or is
there an older one in release-2/ that shadows the newer one in release/?

To make base-cygwin run first, it should suffice to list it as a
dependency of e.g. bash or cygwin and to have it not depend on
anything.  Rationale: its dependencies (bash and coreutils) are in Base
and should be installed regardless so it shouldn't hurt to not list
them.  All listing them does is cause loops.

Brian