This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: #ifdef WIN32 in setup sources
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:54:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: #ifdef WIN32 in setup sources
- References: <20080811175611.GM5129@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 07:56:11PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>can somebody explain to me why we have a lot of places related to
>file I/O where setup.exe has two codepaths, along the lines of
> #if defined(WIN32) && !defined (_CYGWIN_)
>IIUC, the second codepath is never used anyway. So, why bother?
I think in the old days you could build a cygwin-specific version of
setup.exe. I don't think we should care about this anymore.