This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package Grep source and Program not installed functionality
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: John Morrison <john at morrison dot mine dot nu>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 07:13:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: Package Grep source and Program not installed functionality
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
John Morrison wrote:
> Would it be possible to extend the cgi
> to (optionally) output plain text instead of the formatted HTML?
> Add a output=text instruction? If the source is available I'd be willing
> to see if I could do the mod. I was thinking of some kind of command line
> which would simplify the users finding out what package they would need to
> install to access a particular tool, for example on my ubuntu machine;
This already exists, it's spelled "cygcheck -p".